Mandatory Commencement Practice: Thursday, June 1st
- Students meet at the stadium at 2:00-4:00 pm
- All students who plan to participate in commencement must attend
- All obligations must be satisfied, and debts paid prior to the graduation practice
- Sunscreen is recommended
Graduation Day: Friday, June 2nd
- Seniors need to be in the new gym at 3:00pm, dressed appropriately (slacks, collared shirts, skirts or dresses with dress shoes or sandals-NO Flip-flops)
- One graduation lei is permitted, but hand-carried bouquets are not
- Wind is an issue, secure your cap and gold stole (bring lots of bobby pins)
- Recommended to put on sunscreen ahead of time
- Do not bring any purses, flowers, etc. into the gym. You may not carry anything out with you and the gym will be locked after the commencement
- No tickets required
- Grandstands open at 2:00pm on Friday for seating (Items left prior to this time will be removed)
- At least one member of your party must remain with your belongings to hold your seats after the stadium opens at 2:00pm
- Handicapped seating is marked in the bleachers
- Ceremony starts at 4:00pm and last approximately 1.5 hours
- Handicap parking is available next to the maintenance building and marked with in the parking lots
- When ceremony concludes please remove all paper, tape, towels etc. used to reserve seats
- Seniors must pick up their diploma after the ceremony look for the counselors at the south end of the football field
- All fees and obligations must be cleared to pick up their diploma
- SYVUHS does not keep copies of diplomas, keep it in a safe place
Caps and Gowns
Jostens will be on campus in October to take orders and answer questions about caps gowns and other Class of 2023 memorabilia.
Questions, concerns or borrowing a cap and gown? Email: [email protected]
The most basic package offered is a cap, gown, and black tassel for $40
Pirate Revue Yearbook
$85 Pre-order before April 1 Purchase after April 1 $95
Senior Portraits and PDA's
- Senior portraits are due by March 1st.
- Senior Parents, if you want a dedication page, visit the Ad page for information. The final deadline is March 1st
Three ways to purchase a yearbook
- Order and pay at the Business Office with a or cash.
- Order through the ASB Web Store.
- Mail a check to SYHS Yearbook, PO Box 398, Santa Ynez, CA 93460. Please write Yearbook and student name in the memo area.